Saturday 1 June 2013

One week to go!

Not posted for a while, so I thought I'd update on how things are going.
Managed to get in my first open water swim in the week. Glad I had a chance to experience this before the Blenheim Tri, wasn't prepared for the shock to the system of entering cold water!! It really does take your breath away, making breathing and swimming a challenge.
It was also a good chance to swim in a wet suit and hopefully it won't be a big shock on the day of the triathlon.
On the down side I've managed to pick up an ear infection and hope that it clears before next weekend. Left me feeling grotty and have pulled the plug on some training over the last few days.
Suppose at some point in between my events it was going to happen, so a few days rest and back to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment