Sunday 12 May 2013

Big test.

Currently on sofa watching Giro d'Italia after the hardest day of riding for a long time. My legs are suffering!!
I headed off from Cardiff at around 9am heading for Brecon via Talybont. The weather started off ok with the promise of a band of rain later.
The climb over the top is at 1453ft, the weather closed in and the decent was slippery and tricky.
I had a brief stop in Brecon, before heading back over the Mountain on the A470.
The weather on the pass under iPen-Y-fan was as bad as I have cycled in. The climb went on forever with a nasty gusty head wind blowing me about.
By the time I was getting back towards merthyr I was soaked and very cold.
At this point I decided to wave the white flag and found the train back to Cardiff had just pulled in.
6 hours in the saddle enough for a first long run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment