Sunday 9 June 2013

I did it. Challenge 1 completed.

 

Wow that was much much more enjoyable than I thought. 
The overriding feeling from the Blenheim Palace Triathlon is the warmth from the other triathletes and event staff. As a first timer you felt welcomed into their sport.
So will I do it again? Defiantly! Possibly the longer distance next time, after a lot more work on my swimming and general fitness.
The swim leg was hard, but I felt determined to get to the turn marker which looked along way away for most of the swim! The water was much warmer than I thought it would be and the visibility (although very green) was surprisingly good.
The cycle element was the most fun and I made up some ground and even overtook a few others!
Running after that was hard and the only thing I overtook were a few ducks on the side of the lake. But I saved some energy for the finishing line and took a flag "Brownlee style" from my parents to cross the line.
So challenge one is complete, next stage at the Olympic Stadium, London!





No comments:

Post a Comment